Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 8, Reflections: Looking Forward

One thing I think I could do to improve my writing in this course is combine stories from this course with stories I'm familiar with in the storytelling assignments. I have noticed my classmates do this in their work and  it adds a new level of dimension to their stories.

As far as the reading goes, I need to be more intentional in getting started early. I know that I take a long time to read, so I need to account for this when scheduling for this course. My new goal will be to begin the reading assignment for the next week on the Thursday before it is due. If I can at least get started, I can gauge how much time the reading will take me and determine if time needs to be set aside over the weekend to read for this course.

In my interaction with my peers, I hope to become more specific. I have seen how beneficial constructive criticism and feedback has been for me, and I want to be sure that I am providing this for my classmates.

My goal is to end this course with and A, not just because I want the grade, but because I feel like that grade will reflect the level at which I have mastered this material. It is less important to me that I finish early, however, it would be nice to be finished with this course before dead week. I am on track (according to the chart provided) to make the grade I want, however, in order to finish early I will need to start engaging in more of the extra credit opportunities. I think a good goal would be to complete at least one extra credit assignment a week. Specifically, participating in the growth mindset and curation extra credit activities will not only enhance my grade in this course, but also my overall abilities as a student and a learner.

This class is flying by! I have learned so much already, and am sure I will continue to reach my learning goals if I remain focused, organized, and engaged with my peers and professor.

We Can Do It!
Author: J. Howard Miller, Date: 1942, Source: Wikipedia

1 comment:

  1. I agree, this class is definitely flying by. We are already done with half of the semester and it does note even feel like it. I also want to earn an A in this course. I think that doing some of the extra credit will help me achieve this as I have lost some points for this week. I hope you also make an A in this class. Best of luck with the rest of this semester.

    ReplyDelete