Saturday, October 17, 2015

Week 8 Famous Last Words

I really enjoyed this week of class. It was nice to take a break from the reading assignments, look back at what I’ve accomplished so far, and plan ahead to see what the rest of the semester will (hopefully) look like. I am excited about the reading assignments I have planned out for myself, and look forward to getting started.

I’m having a lot of fun with the storybook assignment. I especially enjoy the creativity it allows. However, I think I have a lot of room to improve in the mechanical aspects of my writing. I think the storybook assignment will help me with that because I am not only telling stories, but also revising them.  

This week was a weird (but wonderful) week for me in my other classes. I didn’t have any tests and there were only a few small homework assignments to do. It was kind of nice to have a relatively light week of school work so I could spend some more time investing in my extracurricular activities, spending time with friends, and keeping up with current events.

I saw the musical Ragtime on Thursday evening here on campus at the newly dedicated Elsie C. Brackett Theater. It was a phenomenal performance, and if there’s still an opportunity for you to go I highly recommend it! The costumes, special effects, acting, and singing were all topnotch.

Ragtime Dance Joplin Cover
Author: Scott Joplin, Date: 1906, Source: Wikimedia


Unfortunately, I was only able to see highlights from the democratic presidential debate. I am trying to be better about keeping up with all of the candidates on both sides for this election. Hopefully I will be able to find it online and will watch it sometime this weekend.


Next week will be a bit busier in my other classes, so I hope to spend some time tomorrow getting a head start on this class. 

1 comment:

  1. I have not tried a famous last words post yet, but your post inspired me to give it a try. It seems pretty helpful to take a moment to recount what happened throughout your week. Often I'll want to unwind on Sunday's and prepare myself for the week to come. This post seems like the perfect way to do this. I will definitely have to try it out in the weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete