Saturday, October 3, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 6

This week I finished one of my other classes called circuits! Industrial engineers only have to take one part of circuits, so it’s kind of a mini-semester two month class. I took my final on Monday, so it feels so nice to have one less class to worry about! I am hoping this will give me more time to work on this class, and spend some more time fine-tuning my writing skills.

(Image Information: personal photo of a portion of my circuits project;
photo from September 2015.)


I think my best writing from this week was the introduction I wrote/revised for my storybook project. I am really excited about where that project will go. I have a general idea for what I want each of my stories to look like, but I feel like they will really start to come to life once I do some more in-depth brainstorming and writing. I’m glad we have the opportunity to alter famous stories and make them our own. This allows for so much creativity!

I am consistently amazed by my classmate’s writing skills. Reading some of the other storytelling assignments has allowed me to see where my writing has some room for improvement. Specifically, I think that I can improve my word choice and imagery. This is something I’ve noticed my classmates do really well. That attention to detail can take a story from good to great, it just takes a little more time.

I missed a reading diary this week, but hope to be all caught up on the reading by the end of next week. Hopefully some better time management strategies this week will help me to stay on top of all of my courses.

Also, next week, I want to start writing out more detailed notes as I read/watch the movie. I think this will make writing my reading diary blog post so much easier.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always more than a little jealous of the circuits class that ends mid semester- I planned on trying to do the same thing with this class, but I keep missing extra credit, so I'm not sure quite how early I'll get to duck out... Anyway, your post caught my attention because it was a Week 6 post, which is cool, because it seems like you've kept up with the Famous Last Words series, but also because as a CpE, I'm just sort of drawn to circuits. I agree with writing notes along with the readings/movie, each time I read I have to remember to go back and mark down what I thought was interesting. Hope the rest of your semester goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, I have heard that it is one of the hardest class you can take at OU. How did that class go for you? That must be nice, getting done with at least one class by October. I know exactly what you meant by reading other classmate’s writing shows you were you are standing and pick up writing skills to improve our own writing.

    ReplyDelete