Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 1

I have only been enrolled in this course for a few days and have already learned so much about opportunities in online education! I have refined my blogging and curating skills which will no doubt continue to be developed throughout the semester. I have also gained a general understanding of how this course is structured, and a broad overview of the material that will be covered. I have to admit, I feel like I have a much better understanding of how this course will go than most of the courses I’m taking in the physical class room. I had such a lovely summer and got to spend lots of time with my friends and family, as you can see in the picture below.

(Image Information: personal photo with friends;
photo from August 2012.)



However, I was ready to come back to school. I love the routine and self-scheduling associated with the academic year. I hope to stay ahead of schedule on most of my coursework at the beginning so that I can keep my head above water for the whole semester! I was very thankful to learn that this class will be very flexible and self-paced. If I have a crazy week coming up with lots of tests in other classes, I will be able to either get ahead beforehand or make up for any missed assignments with extra-credit. This will allow me to relax a little and really focus on the most important content in this course. I am most looking forward to the storytelling aspects of Indian Epics. The storytelling assignment we completed this week with a nursery rhyme was so much fun for me, and a great chance for me to get creative (or at least try). I am also looking forward to getting into the reading assignments. It looks like it’s going to be a lot, but it also looks very interesting! Can’t wait to dive into the readings next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment