Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thoughts About Comments

Going back through the comments I've received on my posts allowed me to review some of the suggestions my classmates and instructors have made, and consider how they have been implemented in my writings. A lot of the feedback I've received has been positive, and most of the comments have been students telling me what they liked about my writing. Most students say they liked how I turned old stories into modern and relateable ones, and appreciate the integration of quotes from the original story. I have enjoyed comments from Professor Gibbs that have guided me to other resources or made recommendations for my future reading plans. This has allowed the course to become more "personalized" and has allowed me to focus on the areas of the reading I am most interested in.

I also enjoy the comments on my introduction, and have enjoyed making comments on other students introductions. This allows the virtual classroom to feel more "real" and has fostered a greater sense of community between the students in this class. It is definitely less awkward to give constructive criticism on someone else's writing when you've already introduced yourself to them and have taken the time to get to know them a little better.

I have also enjoyed leaving comments on others students stories. My only worry is that I am too general or vague in my comments. I hope to work on being more specific in my feedback to other students in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment