Friday, September 4, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 2- Ready for the Long Weekend

I’m currently sitting in Will Rogers World Airport as I write this week’s Famous Last Words. I am headed to Georgia for the weekend to visit my boyfriend! One of the many reasons I love this class- I was able to get ahead on my assignments for the week so I can enjoy the long weekend! I look forward to meeting his friends there, and eating lots and lots of good food.

Map of United States with Georgia highlighted,
Author not listed, source:Wikipedia


I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the reading this week. I was worried when I skimmed the first couple pages, full of unfamiliar names and places I can’t pronounce. However, once I got into the plot of the story, I couldn’t put the book down! I’m Rama and Sita’s biggest fan! I thought the book would be dense and boring, but it honestly feels like I’m reading for pleasure.
I thought my storytelling skills were pretty good until I started reading some of my classmate’s blogs. We have some really talented writers in the class, and I look forward to taking notes on their styles and techniques and implementing them in my own assignments. I have already implemented some of them, this week I made a more modern version of a story told in The Ramayana. I think it will make my writing more relate-able to the reader.

My other classes are starting to really get rolling. The first week and a half was mainly introductions and broad overviews. I think next week will be the first week that I really feel like I have a full schedule. I’m going to attempt to finish the reading assignment for this class that is due next week on my plane rides to and from Georgia. About to board my plane now! I look forward to seeing what writing challenges lie ahead next week!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,
    I am a hopeless romantic, so I am team Rama and Sita. I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Georgia. I have been there twice and it was through a connecting flight to Florida, so Georgia is definitely on my list of places to visit. I know you mentioned food earlier, so you will have to tell me about some good places to eat while I am in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete