Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 13, Famous Last Words: Heading Home!

This week I finished up the final revisions for my storybook project. There were a few things I was able to polish to make sure the entire piece flowed nicely. For example, when I first wrote the introduction I didn’t know exactly how each characters story would turn out. I had a general idea, but was still unsure about some of the details of each story. Thus, there were a few lines in the introduction that didn’t quite make sense with the stories that followed. It was good to have the opportunity to read the entire storybook altogether so I could identify and eliminate these discrepancies in the plot.
Outside of this class, it was a slightly stressful week. For one of my courses called Data Driven Decision Making II, students are assigned to groups and expected to execute an experiment and develop a research paper by the end of the semester. My group is conducting research that will measure the self-efficacy (or confidence) of engineering underclassman, and (hopefully) identify some outside factors that my influence that measure. I won’t go into too much detail on the design of the experiment, but we conducted it this week and collected all of the data we need. I am anxious to see if we get any significant results!
Outside of school, I am so ready to be home with my family for Thanksgiving. This break has come at a much needed time! After I turn in this post, I will probably pack up a few things and head home. I was lucky enough to have all of my classes canceled today and tomorrow, so I’m really getting a nice week-long break! For Thanksgiving I usually do most of the cooking for my family. I really enjoy spending all day in the kitchen chatting with my family, drinking wine, and snacking throughout the day. Hope everyone has a nice break!
(Image Information: personal photo of my siblings and I last Thanksgiving;
photo from November 2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment