Thursday, November 12, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 12- Almost Done!

With the way my points are adding up, it’s looking like I will be able to meet my learning goals and finish up this class within the next couple of weeks. This semester has truly flown by! I am very pleasantly surprised by the wealth of knowledge I have gained about Indian culture through epic literature in this course. This week I think my best writing was in my storybook project; I had the opportunity to tell Amba’s story from a completely new perspective, and had a lot of fun with it! It has been great to get such detailed feedback from Professor Gibbs as I’ve continued working on this project. She definitely knows how to polish writing, and keeps her students on exactly the right track!
One of my classmate’s projects I read this week had one of the coolest webpage layouts I’ve seen… it really added a lot to his overall project! I think this is one area I could improve on. My blog for the course and my website for the project are both very simple and plain. Perhaps I might work on giving my blog site a “face-lift” for one of the extra credit tech-tip assignments!
In my other classes, my professors appear to be cramming in the last round of tests before Thanksgiving break! I know that after Thanksgiving break the semester will fly by, and finals will be over before I know it! Hopefully I can keep my head above water until then.
Outside of school, my family has been busy with exciting wedding plans! My sister will get married on New Year’s Eve, and we’ve had lots of fun planning and celebrating her at showers and parties these past few weeks. I cannot wait for the wedding day; I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off 2016!

(Image Information: personal photo of my siblings and I headed to a shower;
photo from November 2015.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, friend! I just wanted to leave a quick note and say how perpetually in awe of you I am! Your hard work this semester has definitely shown, and you continually put others first for celebration. It's been such a joy to share this learning experience with you in this final year! :)

    ReplyDelete